.

.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Finds-Vintage Greeting Cards And More

I went to my favorite antique store on Friday, and I came away with a ton of vintage greeting cards, 11/$1! Feel free to use the images. It's funny how after reading other blogs for a while, certain things remind you of that person.
Every time I see kitties, I think of Holly!

These two make me think of Twyla and Lindsey!

These little yarn girls also make me think of Twyla, who is a whiz with yarn!

This card makes me think of Elizabeth. I know she would make an amazingly cute tag with this card!

The card on the right makes me immediately think of Coralie!

The card on the left makes me think of Susie's beautiful garden in the summer! The one on the right reminds me of Jacqueline, who always indulges her inner little girl!


The card on the left makes me think of Sue, who always has pretty things to share on her blog.

And this squirrel? This squirrel just reminds me of the rotten little squirrels that defy gravity to eat all of the expensive food out of the birdfeeders!

I also found these two old Napco plates. I think I'll buy just about anything with a parakeet on it!

Lots of old wrapping paper for 25 cents.

Oh, that poor donkey!

I LOVE this bridal shower one. Poor girl, she has no idea what she's getting herself into!

Creepy clown paper.

Just plain lovely. I think I want to somehow use this on the inside of one of my bookcases.

And finally, two old Easter picks. This is what I went to the antique store for in the first place, because I have very little vintage Easter things. I must be a little early, because there was nothing Eastery except for these. I guess I can't complain though, because I did walk away with 55 vintage greeting cards....

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Creepy clown paper" Ha-ha!

Well, so nice to be THOUGHT of, Carol!! Yes, me and kittens and bunnys go waaaaaay back! You really scored on those cards, girl! It's amazing to me how cheap we can find them because just one new card can cost 3-4 bucks! ♥

Jane said...

Oh.....I just love all of those vintage greeting cards...and what a fabulous price.
Have a great week!
Jane

Ann said...

It dosen't matter why I go to the thrift store, I always come away with more. Great finds.
Ann

Unknown said...

Carol,
I really want you to know, your blog just lives in my heart. It's amazing how we are making these amazing friends in blogland. I feel like we like all the same things. I even like the movie Dirty Dancing just like you and I LOVE Pretty Women. That bunny with the wish bone...how cute is that...that's gets my mind twirling. I love your finds. We'd be in real trouble hitting thrift shops together. We may even have a girlfriend fight over the goodies!
I'm going to Portland Oregon next weekend for the antique show and yesterday I went to the doll museum. Wait till I show you the dolls...about 200 pictures...HA!
Yes, U may want to take the curlers out of your hair before you board the Greyhound!

Protector of Vintage said...

You found some great treasures! I especially love the cards and wrapping paper. Have a nice day!

melanie said...

Wow, what great finds! xxx

Vintage Christine said...

Hey, how is that clown paper creepy? It's adorable. Fortunately I don't suffer from coulrophobia, though, or I'd never had made it through working with Ronald McDonald!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love all those vintage cards. I need to look for some! Great wrapping paper and I agree creepy clown paper...but I don't like clowns.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

55 VINTAGE CARDS????

I am in a tizzy. You lucky duck you!!!

Thanks for posting those scans. Of course I had to grab the one with donkeys on it.

Unknown said...

Carol,

I take it you don't like clowns??? LOL It isd cute, not creepy! :) Lots of fun vintage stuff!!!!! Good shopping trip! I need to get back out there, but it has been raining and raining and raining, hate it! But it is goign to be beautiful in am onth or so in the desert!

Jocelyn said...

Wow how very cute!! Love the cards. And the paper is darling. Great finds!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Paige said...

Wow! You found some great cards and paper at an AMAZING price! That makes them all the more wonderful. I love the little duck with a hat Easter pick you found. Love Easter stuff!

Simply Shelley said...

I love that creepy clown paper...made me smile....looks like you hit the Jack pot to me....enjoy....blessings on your week.....

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Carol,
55 old cards is awesome!! You did great on your antique outing! Love old cards.
I'm not a fan of clowns either...
Warmly,
Deb :)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Such fun things! Love the cards - will you use the creepy clown paper for Halloween???

What a sweet post too!

Cynthia K. said...

Oh, my goodness, I so love the vintage greeting cards you're showing us!! And an incredible price!! What fun for you...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

happileah said...

The bridal shower wrap is my favorite, too. Great deals!

I've been on the lookout for Easter decor, as well. Seems like I see it all year, but now that I'm looking for it, there is none ;)

Diane Mars said...

Wow you sure scored and the prices are unbeatable, I just know you are going to find some uses for everything. Hugs, Diane

Carey said...

Hi Carol,
I so love the wrapping paper. I can't believe the price. Great deal. Do you know what you are going to do with all your lovely finds? I love the new look of your blog. Thanks for stating you will join my blog party.This will be my first so I am a little apprehensive about it.
Hugs,
Carey

barncat (Lisa) said...

Wonderful finds, all so cute! Except maybe those clowns ;)

Love how you're all decorated for St. Patrick's Day!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

WOW!!! What treasures you found. Isn't that the way...we go in for a gallon of milk and end up spending $72.50.
Great finds!
M.L.

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

Yum-a-licious!!!! What a great treasure trove find! I have those yarn girls and have them on my inspiration board posted somewhere on my blog. You got some great stuff, and I'm trying not to be too jealous.